Deep in the Heart of Every Individual is Core Beliefs
It is these core beliefs – the central, guiding convictions, principles, and perspectives that make them who they are. Your core determines whether you remain strong during times of great testing and persecution. Your core determines the outcome of your life and the quality of your fruit. What’s true of individuals is also true of churches.
Today we begin a series of Blueprint Journal entries focusing on The Core of Blueprint Church.
CORE I: THE GRACE OF GOD
1. God’s grace though Jesus Christ is our bedrock and power supply for our salvation, our life in Christ and our ministry, both individually and as churches (2 Corinthians 9:8).
2. God’s grace to those who believe in Christ includes the following:
a) Our wonderful forgiveness through the death of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:7).
b) God’s passionate and unconditional love for us in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:19; Romans 5:8).
c) The truth that eternal life is a free gift from God, received by faith apart from our religious or moral works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
d) The power and strengthening God gives us by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 3:16).
e) Our glorious position in Christ as new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17).
f) The power given by God to Christians to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil, as well as to preserve us in trials and difficult circumstances (1 Corinthians 10:13).
g) The supernatural power to do ministry (John 15:5; 2 Corinthians 12:9).
h) The future grace we will receive in heaven and at the return of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:13).
i) The grace we receive from God to meet whatever need we may have (Hebrews 4:16).
3. Grace will lead to works and result in fruit in people’s lives (Ephesians 2:8-10).
4. Those who have been born again by the Spirit are eternally secure and will not lose their salvation (Romans 8:37-39; Titus 3:5-7; Hebrews 7:25; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
5. We believe in a balance between God’s grace and man’s responsibility. We believe the Bible teaches both the sovereign grace of God and the solemn responsibility of man to trust, obey, and serve God (Philippians 2:12-13).
As we live, work, worship, serve, and grow in Fayetteville, we want to rely on the grace of God. Every individual needs His grace. Without the abundance of His grace we would not be here. What is true of the individual is also true of the church. The grace of God is deep in the heart of Blueprint Church. It is core, central, and guiding. We invite you to know and experience the grace of God at Blueprint Church with us.